The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Daingerfield and is responsible for conducting all City elections as prescried by the Election Code of the State of Texas. Municipal elections are held on the first Saturday in May of each year, as authorizd by state law.
The City of Daingerfield is composed of a mayor and five council members. While there are five council places, they are not divided into geographic districts. Each Council Member is elected at large and represents the entire community. The Mayor and two council members are elected in even-numberd years. Three Council members are elected in odd number years.
Running for Office
If you are interested in learning how to become a candidate, please click here.
- Mayor and two council places are elected in even numbered years on the first Saturday in May.
- Three council places are elected in odd-numbered years on the first Saturday in May.
- Special Election-Charter Amendment Election
- Special Election-Sales Tax and Use
- General Election-Mayor At Large, Councilmember At Large and Councilmember At Large